Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer Arrives!




Three magical butterflies flutter to an abrupt landing.
Princess Moxie, Princess Diva Darling and Princess Sparky (from left to right).

I have been holding my breath for camp to begin. It started... exhale!
I am thrilled to have some time with just Princess Sparky and to simply BE.

Princess Diva Darling seems to love both summer school (7:30 am to 9am) and camp (9am to 1pm) while Princess Moxie is tolerating it. I remind myself that I hated camp,too, when I went as a kid, and only loved it fondly in my memories. That's just how it is with some experiences.

Diva is naturally more outgoing so it's been easier for her to meet and make friends. Moxie is quieter and more reserved, but each morning at breakfast she prays outloud that she will not be shy. Yesterday at the Village Pool she saw some girls from school and ran over to them. They all played together and I felt a huge sense of relief and hope.

Prior to the start of camp I brought the three Princesses to see the Royal Queen. Each morning we piled the kids into the old red wagon and ambled down the stony street to the beach. We had the most wonderful time! Here they are...




The big girls saw the ocean for the first time. I ought to add a video clip so you can see them react to the awesome sight! They were absolutely GIDDY!

Here is a view, however, of Diva Darling in a more pensive frame of mind:




Each evening we returned to the beach where we found ourselves alone with the waves, sandpipers, and setting sun:





And here's one of Princess Sparky after I told her for the hundredth time, "Put your panties on!"



Hope you're having a day full of laughs and joy...now, go ahead, wear your panties on your head!

2 comments:

Jenny R said...

Your girls are beautiful!

One Acre Follies said...

That's so funny!!! We have a picture of Callie with underwear on her head too.

Love ya!! Sharron