Friday, August 19, 2011

Eye Exam

Diva Darling had a recent "well visit" at the pediatrician's office.  The net result was that the doctor recommended a thorough eye exam because Diva failed the exam.  Really?? 

I was shocked.  I watch these kids like an obsessed hawk and have never seen any signs of visual trouble. 


Brought her to my eye doctor, whom I love, this month.  After all sorts of testing with machines and upclose scrutiny of how her eyes moved and tracked, he had her sit in another darkened room, and I was perched in the corner on a stool studying my dear girl the patient.   

"Ok, please read the first large letter."

"E," she promptly replied.

"Good, now read me the last line that you can see," he said.

"Read it?  I can't," she said sorrowfully.

"You can't?  What do you mean?" he asked sounding shocked.

"No, I can't read it.  I just have no idea what this word is," she lamented.

Eventually we stopped laughing and left with no prescription necessary. 




2 comments:

Karina Chiodo said...

And I thought she really had bad vision. It turns out she can't read the word. It was really funny! But it's a good thing that there was no prescription for her. That means she has good vision.

Anonymous said...

very funny story, Maura! Hope you are all well. Nancy & Tessa